c/o Teollisen yhteistyön rahasto Oy (FINNFUND)
00181 Helsinki - FINLAND
puh: 09 348 434 (mainitsethan puhelimessa, että tavoittelet Finnpartnershipia)
IndustryTextiles and clothing
Organisation typeTrade intermediary (agent, representative, distributor)
Tejada Sorzano Avenue No. 414 Miraflores
0000, La Paz
Phone number+591 73223925
Company Address email@example.com
Mr. Jesús Alberto
Project typeAssociation, society or other organisation
Project abstractCOTEXBO, Bolivian association that represents 70 companies operating in textile and accessories sector (cotton, camelids, haute couture and tailoring, jewelry and leather) is currently looking for Finnish trade intermediaries and buyers from Europe and the Nordic countries.
Project descriptionCOTEXBO, established in 2008 is based in Bolivia and currently employs 7 persons.
Their mission is to support the increase of the competitiveness of MSMEs of the textile sector, confections, and accessories of Bolivia by providing technical services. COTEXBO represents more than 70 companies directly and has signed reciprocity agreements to support companies in the textile sector (textiles made of alpaca fiber, cotton, camelids, haute couture and tailoring, jewelry and leather). The products are of Andean origin and include e.g. dense fabrics (scarves, gloves, hats, sweaters), hooded coats, cotton long sleeve t-shirts, jeans, sportswear, t-shirts and kids clothes (dresses).
COTEXBO has initiated sustainable working processes for international markets with Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Canada, USA, Chile, Peru, European Community: Italy, Denmark, The Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, France, Germany, where the base is present our companies by electronic means, send samples, show production capacity, innovation, design, identify potential customers for the purchase or provision of supplies to be used in new designs thus generating the exchange of purchase and sale between countries.
They are currently looking for Finnish trade intermediaries and end customers to distribute or buy Bolivian various kinds of textiles and accessories based on the demand in Finland.
COTEXBO is planning to bring a delegation of Bolivian textile producers to Finland in Autumn 2020 and they are now looking for Finnish companies to visit. The delegation includes:
- Yacana that produces clothes made of fibers of alpacas and llamas (pls find attachment below).
- Ardiccal producing footwear in the casual line for ladies, gentleman and children, as well as boots, booties, sandals, zapatenis, safety footwear and health footwear (pls find attachment below).
- Chura Design which is a designer and manufacturer of garments such as long coats, coats ¾, blazers, shirts and two piece suits. They use e.g. casimir fabric, sheep wool and alpaca wool in their handmade products (pls find attachment below).
- Carmen Claure - Autumn/Winter clothes for women including e.g. coats, jackets, ruanas, ponchos and scarves made of Suri Alpaca and Baby Alpaca wool fabrics. Carmen Claure has sold the products already in the US and Bolivia (pls find attachment below).
- Awaj Warmi Association produces coats, jackets, sweaters, blankets, scarves, bags and accessories made of alpaca wool and other fine threads (pls find attachment below).
- VDANI produces leather accessories such as jewelry lines, wallets and bags, ankle boots, household items (pls find attachment below) . These products are the result of a fusion of tools, techniques (goldsmithing, tailoring, drafting, fabric), and inputs (flame leather, beef leather, awayo, alpaca wool, copper yarn, silver, steel, linen, tocuyo).
Number of employees1-9
Annual turnover in €0 - 0.5 million
Annual balance sheet total0 - 0.5 million
Already engaged in international co-operationYes
Percentage of transnational activities10 - 49%