The Tashkent international investment forum will be the largest international platform of the region to discuss the improvement strategies of Central Asia’s role in the international investment market.
Current event will demonstrate the transparency of Uzbekistan and its readiness for the international investment and business community, will create a new Central Asian international platform attracting largest investment, financial and economic organizations and companies interested in identifying new opportunities to grow within rapidly evolving market of Uzbekistan.
Organizers of the Forum:
- Newly established joint venture;
- Ministry of Investment and foreign trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Office of the Mayor of Tashkent city.
Aims and tasks of the Forum:
- presentation of new investment opportunities of the Republic of Uzbekistan based on the latest legislative improvements;
- improvement of the investment attractiveness of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- creation of conditions to achieve concrete agreements between participants of the forum, aimed at the implementation of the project within promising industries of the region, including textile, food industry, construction materials, machinery and the automobile industry;
- mobilization of private investment, both domestic and foreign, into the economy of our country;
- attracting leading foreign companies to implement priority investment projects in Uzbekistan;
- enhancing partnership between foreign and domestic enterprises in real and financial sectors of the economy;
- development of new solutions aimed at improving business environment, increasing labor productivity, diversifying economy, taking into account the latest trends in the scientific and technological development, including fourth industrial revolution;
- development of measures to further strengthen economic potential of Central Asian countries, to increase attractiveness of the region as a single/united market for FDI;
- formation of mechanisms for the effective financing of innovative investment projects in various sectors of the economy.
The priority areas of the forum:
- enhancing business and attraction of investments into the economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Support small- and medium-sized enterprises;
- Strengthening international cooperation and competitiveness;
- Enhancing fuel and energy industry;
- Reforming housing and utility services sector;
- Development of the national transport system;
- Enhancing Agriculture;
- Enhancing tourism potential of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Modernization of healthcare and the development of health-recreational facilities;
- Development of sports;
- Combating corruption and ensuring transparency in the activities of state bodies;
- Environmental protection;
- Issues of information security, enhancing information infrastructure;
- Support and improvement of labor market conditions, promotion of employment;
- Development of the education and science.
Program of the Forum:
- Exhibition display ( 4 March 2020), an interactive presentation area using modern digital technologies for the presentation of promising investment projects is organized within the framework of this event;
- Plenary session (5 March 2020), the speech of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Minister of the investment and foreign trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Mayor of the Tashkent city, as well as the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Uzbekistan takes place within this framework of the event;
- Parallel industry sessions (5-6 March 2020), the speech of the representatives of business communities and experts of the international organizations from different fields of economy.
Moreover, organization of a cultural and entertainment program is planed within the framework of the forum.
Key participants of the forum:
- Political leaders;
- Business experts.
The terms and conditions for the participation:
Individuals who are interested in participation in the Tashkent International Investment Forum 2020 should fill out application forms of participation on the website of the forum (www.tiif.uz). The applications will be reviewed by the organizing committee, and selected participants will receive an invitation.
For more information about the Tashkent International Investment Forum, please visit this website.